Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Flash Furniture 3 Drawer Wood Top White Storage Dresser Wx-5l20-X-Wh-Gr-Gg

black dresser with stained top

This is really an art more of a science though, so just wipe until you are satisfied. You can seal chalk paint with wax, water-based polyurethane or even hemp oil. Honestly, the best paint for painting over stained wood depends on what type of finish you want on your dresser.

I have never paired paint with a stain, but I think a cream color would be nice. You can't go wrong with crisp white paint and new knobs. If you are using chalkboard paint, do not use a sealer, as it will ruin the surface and prevent it from functioning.

How to stain oak black. | Home made ebonizing wood |

By using a renewable material like wood in this product, we avoid using fossil or finite materials. Furniture with included restraints must be secured to the wall according to the product’s assembly instructions. Miss Lillians Silver Metallic paint with black glaze. I can’t wait to see the finished room. I haven’t tried Chalk paint yet, but do have two corner cabinets that I may tackle eventually. I like the fact that you can paint right over the existing finish.

I like to scoop some paint into a plastic cup, then add some Saltwash powder to the paint. Mix until you have the consistency of cake icing – thick but not chunky. There is no magic method or formula to this, I don’t follow a specific ratio, I just kind of play around until I get a nice consistency. I like to scoop my varnish onto a paper plate and add a little drizzle of the black walnut glaze to it. To be honest, I almost always tint my sealer with the color that I am sealing. You can and should apply a second coat to even out any imperfections from the first coat.

Follow Blog via Email

Get it mixed to a grey formula – don’t use white. It will be too hard to cover with black. Diane, I was looking for a finished pine end table to match one I already have and WALA your site came up with the exact end table. It’s the small table you painted black.

black dresser with stained top

Once you like the color -re-coat the pieces that have the green tint and then use the good black on the rest of the pieces. Hi Wendy – I think it will look great – a two toned look. The top, sides and front could be primer and black paint and the drawers fronts can be stained. With some interesting pulls or knobs, it will look very chic.

Sorbus Dresser w/ 5 Drawers - Bedroom Furniture Storage - TV Stand w/ Shelves

Did you sand down to bare wood down there too? I am working on a desk now but I want a similar look to your desk when done. A question — if you want to apply a top gloss finish, what would you recommend?

The other thing that could have happened is the surface was not the same smoothness all over. It could have been sanded more in one area and not the other or there could be dirty in some sections and the paint adhered in a different way. Hi Irene – I like the look of opaque black stain over black paint as the color is deeper and most of all thinner. To apply it just follow the steps in my blog post that you commented on.

Every inch of this particular dresser was covered in veneer. The drawer fronts had just a few chipped corners , but the top was peeling quite a bit. A little at a time, over several days, I was able to chip away what ended up being two layers of glued-on veneer on the top. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It really looks great after painting… Perfect black is shinning in the sun. Could you do this with Ikea furniture?

If using black stain, I don’t think you need to add the primer. If you do, just use a small tipped paint brush to just put it on the knots themselves and not any of the surrounding area. Also follow the directions on the can’s label about how many coats to use and drying times in between. I think they also recommend that in-between the poly coats you should lightly sand. Are you going to stain/paint them black? Using the stain would give the railing and spindles a deeper black look.

No comments:

Post a Comment